the statement that i felt the most connected to was a person's childhood friends are usually the most loyal. i think i might have laughed after reading this. although you may meet people when you are a child and just have that bond stay the same forever, that is not the case for everyone. especially as you grow up and meet new people, old flames can die out. i can say that i have lived through this experience, and even though at times it is hard to remember the past, i am more than happy to be in the present.
the thing about these childhood friends was that there was always an extremely large amount of drama. from lies being told, talking behind backs, and alliances, one cannot stand to live with that forever. although there were countless good times, the shadows of the bad could slip in, ruining the fun. to say that i am not friends with anyone from my childhood would be a completely false statement. but the maturity of my friends today overrides the drama of elementary and beginning of middle school. don't get me wrong, not everyone was like this, of course. i am just trying to point out that these things do happen.
the thing about being a child and the friends that you have, is that it goes in levels. when you are very young, you are friends with people who your parents are friends with. for example, when your mom and this person's mom get together for coffee, the children play together. as you grow up and enter kindergarten, you still mostly play with everyone in your class, and people around you. but as you grow up, you begin to fall in line with people who are like you, whether you are on the same sports teams, have the same personalities, or are just interested in the same hobbies. as these relationships start to flourish, strong friendships are formed. but once high school and middle school are added into the mix, things can change as people change. so although some might think their friends from childhood are the most loyal, i beg to differ.
6 comments:
I agree. People that you think you know really well can turn their back on you in a split second. I've witnessed it happen many times. Someone that you've known for so long, suddenly changes and evolves into this completely different person. I think this happens because as we get older, we start becoming more exposed to the world and experience different things. I think that when kids are younger they try to fit in and get along with everyone, but when they get older they realize that individuality and being yourself is really important. You may think someone is loyal, but you might be shocked and realize that you're completely wrong, and that's what hurts the most.
Hey kimberly, I completely agree with you and I do not think that your childhood friends are the most loyal to you. I have had many different best friends while I grow up and it seems such a long time ago that I have even talked to some of them. People change and so do different lives. For example, when I was in first grade I was really good friends with this one girl, but she moved down the shore and to this day I have never seen her. How am I supposed to be friendly and loyal to someone who I haven't spoken to in over 10 years. I also do believe that some childhood friends are amazing, loyal, and role models for myself and others. In kindergarden, I met Sarah Dennis and as soon as we met we were best friends. I will never forget in first grade when she moved and i was devastated that I was losing one of my best friends. In 3rd grade when she moved back I was ecstatic. Since kindergarden we have been best friends and this is a girl who I would trust with my entire life. I think that since Sarah was from my childhood, she left a great impact on my life since we have a background together. So in a way, I believe that your childhood friends are the most loyal to you as you get older, but those who leave your side obviously are not loyal enough to be your friend.
Good Job!!<3
Hi Kimberly! So I really liked your blog and agree with what you wrote, as well as have my own opinion. In my blog I included this statement as well, and do not want to repeat everything I wrote. I think that sadly for many people they have gone through a bad childhood experience with a friend that stays with them forever. This is something terrible that although many will forgive, they will not forget. I think that as you get older your views and hobbies may change from what you once though them to be and you may feel everything you had in common with someone is now nothing. So, with all of these bad memories, obviously you are not going to be able to trust this person and be loyal them. But, on the other side, as you mentioned, there are people that grow up with a childhood friend and remain close with them forever. In this case, I think that this person is and will probably always be a very loyal person in your life.
I feel like the reason people grow apart is because as they get older they are influenced by all different kinds of activities, interests, classes, and genres. Due to the differences in interests, everyone starts to go choose their own path. Metaphorically a friendship is exactly that, a path or road that two friends travel on. When the two friends reach a fork in that road and choose opposite paths, try as they might it is impossible to keep their friendship burning strong. After awhile, the two friends are separated by miles of houses and woods and the flame that is their friendship blows out like a candle in the wind.
hey kle.
just wanted to say..
i love you.
kbye <3
hey kim, i agree with your thoughts that childhood friends can cause a lot of drama because people change as they grow up. I know a lot of people i used to be really close with but as we've grown up they have gained different interests and turned on me because of them. However, i think a lot of people can be loyal throughout your entire life and they would be your true friends whether you'd known them for a day or your whole life. I don't think it matters how long you've known someone to measure their loyalness but really how good of a person they are.
Post a Comment